Temporary Health Insurance is also called Short Term Plan. If you are intending a plan to travel around the world through By Air OR overseas but you have not decided till now how long you will be away from your home town, then you should think about your safety during the trip.
This safety plays an important role in the life of an individual or his family on the fact that you cannot plan in advance is illness or accidents when occur, both of which may end in overwhelming medical bills once you are travelling internationally.
These short-term international travel medical insurance plans help to guard yourself against the high cost of medical aid, assist you to access high-quality medical services, and ease a number of the strain of handling unfamiliar medical systems.
An international standard health cover insurance covers the below parameters: –
- The travel time period is from 3 to 11 months and you have to pay the money, as per your need. It means that you should not waste money on an annual policy when the same is not used by you for the whole year.
- You will have to select the territory for health insurance, including your own country or excluding the USA. By knowing such an insurance clause, you can access expert care immediately when any type of emergency arises for a day or more time, even you have chosen the excluding USA option.
- Adding out-patient cover – It means routine scans, tests and trips to the doctor is included in the policy or not. However, if you think that extra travel insurance features are to be included in the policy i.e may be losing luggage or delayed flights, on both business trips and holidays.
In order to avert the Big Hospital Bills, as well as wide-ranging cancer treatment and emergency help, your health is in safe hands while you are away from your country hence temporary health insurance is of utmost necessity.
A Few Highlights about Temporary International Health Insurance OR the Short Term Plan
Standard Terms and Conditions of the Plan Maybe
- Hospital Service Charges and Surgery Bill
- Virtual Doctor Service
- Emergency Coverage Service
- Ambulance Charges(whenever hired from the Market or Hospital)
- Second Opinion Service
- Cancer Treatment widely
- Brain Health Cure
- Medical expulsion and rehabilitation
- Dental and Vision care
- CT and MRI scans
Non-Standard Terms and Conditions of the Plan(Read the Plan carefully)
- Chronic Conditions
- Annual health checks
- Routine pregnancy cover
- Eye tests and prescription glasses
Optional Terms and Conditions of the Plan
- As an out-Door patient drugs and dressings
- Travel Insurance
- Out-patient treatment, tests and vaccinations
Projected Annual Package Limit and that may vary from company to company
What costs come for taking temporary health insurance for visitors?
The cost of temporary health insurance depends mainly on the following factors :
- Age of the traveller
- The time period of visitors for insurance coverage
- Type of temporary health insurance with standard terms or any special additions as per need or pre-existing conditions.
- Traveller’s Gender
- Deductible Amount
- Trip Cost
- Medical Coverage Amount
Q. What is Temporary International health insurance?
Ans. Temporary international health insurance is a type of insurance that cover both medical and non-medical expenses which occur during any trip with the traveller outside of the mother country.
Q. Can I purchase visitors insurance for my relatives?
Ans. Yes, the insured does not need to be the one that fills out the application. You can purchase a travel medical plan for your parents, friends, or relatives as long as you’ve got the required information.
Q. What Are the Expected Costs of Travel Insurance?
Ans. Travel insurance costs vary broadly by coverage and insurer. As per assumption, you have to pay anywhere from a couple of dollars each day to over 10 dollars each day for short-term and single-trip coverage. The value of your trip is another major thing about the insurance premium.
It means insurance for one trip could cost anywhere from around $20 to many dollars. Annual policies cost around $500 per annum for top levels of coverage.
There are so many inexpensive travel insurance plans available but most travellers are protected with comprehensive insurance coverage. It costs a touch more but if you would like to file a claim, you will be glad o know that you have received the maturity.
Best Short Term Travel Health Insurance Plans
We have searched out some top-rated best short term travel health insurance plans and you can select the same anyone out of these companies, as per your convenience and benefits
Atlas Travel Insurance Company
- COVID-19 coverage outside your home country
- Choose between the basic and more extensive coverage
- Meets Schengen visa insurance requirements
- 24/7 worldwide travel and emergency medical assistance
Liaison Travel Insurance Company
- COVID-19 coverage outside your home country
- Comprehensive medical coverage from 5 days to 1 year
- Your choice of medical maximum and deductible options
- An extensive worldwide network of providers
Best Short Term Travel Insurance for US Citizens Abroad
For US citizens taking a brief trip abroad, below mentioned plans may be the best because they provide a premium level of service, excellent benefits, and comprehensive coverage for travellers.
- COVID-19 coverage abroad also, it means you will be covered all insurance benefits when you remain outside of your home country
- The best option for US citizens travelling abroad
- Trips allowed up to 6 months for ages up to 84 years
- May cover pre-existing conditions for medical services, it means that when any insured person, already suffer from any diseases, he should be cover under this plan.
- Available at daily and monthly prices
- Short-term travel medical coverage conditions
- Coverage for individuals, groups and their dependents
- Insurance Coverages for inside and outside the U.S and as it is a multi-purpose optional plan.
- Treatment can be done as per own choice with any hospital or doctor.
- Short-term travel medical insurance coverage
- Coverage for individuals, groups, and their dependents
- Higher Limits & More Coverage than Patriot Travel or Patriot Plus policies
- COVID-19 coverage for travellers to the U.S.
- Coverages for inside and outside the U.S.(Domestic & Abroad both travelling cover this insurance plan)
- Treatment can be done as per your own choice with any hospital or doctor.
- Deductible options range from $0 to $25,000
- Annually renewable medical coverage
- Long-term (1+ year) comprehensive worldwide medical insurance for missionaries
- Maximum limit options from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000
- Competitive prices for comprehensive insurance coverage
- Multiple options with customizable features
- No extra cost for Children 21 years
- High levels of medical coverage for seniors up to 95 years old
- Up to $1,500 allowance for someone to visit you in the hospital
- Trip Interruption
- Medical Coverage for Covid-19
- Trip Cancellation
- Cancel For Medical Reasons
- Cancel for Covid-19 Sickness